Sunday, June 14, 2009

Marsh Harbor Paintings

Close up of sandy texture
Two of the three marshes in the series
my newly established studio above the garage

When I was flying over Marsh Harbor on my way back from the Bahamas I was inspired to paint the beautiful blue lagoons and marshes to the west of Grand Bahama Island. So here is the start of my series pieces that I'll hopefully finish in time for the Fishmarket summer work show in September. In addition to the three small pieces I'm doing a larger one about 4'x4' that will not be able to make it down to the Fishmarket because of its size. I'll keep you all updated on the paintings' process.

2 comments:

S. Cox said...

This has inspired me to step up my game...I can't wait to see these finished.

Justin LaRosa said...

can't wait for this show, i've been puttin' stuff away all summer. this looks ractical